Friday, January 23, 2009

New words for the week

Yesterday morning, I was getting ready and our little early bird was just running around the bedroom. I was putting on my necklace and K stopped and watched me. He got a smile on his face and then took off (K no longer walks ANYWHERE!) for some other place in the house . He comes back a few minutes later with the bathtub plug from the guest bath. He take the chain that it is attached to and puts it around his neck. He looks up at me with a smile and says, clear as day, "Necklace."
Wednesday we were getting in the car to go to church. My backseat is full of tupperware stuff that has yet to be delivered and it is all over the place! K looks at the stuff and then, gesturing with his hands over it all, he turns to me with a serious look on his face and says, "Mess, Momma. Mess." His tone was like he was telling me that this mess next to him is not going to work.
Yesterday afternoon, he kept pointing to his big vinyl shapes and saying, "This." I asked him, "What about this?" He would respond, "Ummmmmm....This." It went on for a good while.
Last night, he was full of energy when it was bedtime. We called my parents to come over and they said they would after dinner. So, we had a good chunk of time to wear him out. He would run into the kitchen and I would find a place to hide in the living room. He would run back into the room and ask C, "Where's Momma?" He would proceed to look for me. When he'd find me, he'd shout, "Hiding!" Also, I would sit in the big chair and he would run by me. I would reach out and tickle him on his way by. He would just belly laugh. The cutest was that the closer he got to me, he'd know what was coming and giggle even more.
What a true blessing this child is to us. We worked hard for him and he was worth every bit of it. Thank you God for K. Our lives are truly enriched by him.

No comments: