Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice day

Well, since we didn't have school yesterday. I got to spend the day with K. I was not a happy camper about having an ice day. We have plans to go camping with our friends the Lowries Easter weekend. This has become sort of a tradition for us. It goes back before kids and Laner joined out happy band. We go camp out at Inks Lake State Park that weekend. The town close by, Burnet, has their annual Bluebonnet festival that weekend. It is so much fun!! They have all sorts of stuff set up around the town square and even a parade. Maybe this year we can make it to the air show!. Last time we went, Laner and I were both prego. This will be an adventure since it will be K's first time camping and the first time we have all the kiddos together in the wild. If you are a camping person, you have GOT to go to Inks. It is a beautiful park with great wildlife, flowers, and swimming. We usually take our bikes too which would be another adventure for the family! We were planning on leaving Good Friday morning so that we can spend more time with our buds. Now it looks like school will meet that day!! UGH!!! UGH!!! I might just take that day.
K and I did enjoy our day together. We have found that he tends to get bored with his toys within a month. So, I split all of his toys and board books into three sets and rotate them each month. Yesterday, while K was napping, I was able to switch them around. K spent a good amount of time just looking through books and seeing what was new. He also gets really excited when he finds something that he remembers enjoying. I also took some funny videos of him just being funny. I wanted to make sure to get all of his animal sounds recorded. I also got him saying a prayer!! We're working on him saying, "Thank you, God. Amen." So far, you can only really make out the Thank You and Amen.

2 comments:

Palmer said...

I am bummed about losing Good Friday too. Not for as good a reason as you though!

R said...

i was sad about J losing Good Friday too!

i also rotate the toys...it's a lifesaver!