Sunday, January 25, 2009

Menu Monday

Here's hoping we feel well enough to enjoy it!



Sunday: BBQ chicken pockets (Using the recipe from R but with bbq sauce, cheddar cheese and onions. Will let you know how the experiment goes!)

Monday: Spaghetti & Meatballs

Tuesday: London Broil (HEB)

Wednesday: Potatoes and Chicken (still trying to finish up K's chicken from his birthday party!)Thursday: French Bread Pizza (We kinda cheated and had that for lunch Saturday. It was FABULOUS! And R, you were not kidding about how super easy it is! We are going to buy extra loaves of french bread and freezes them just to have it on hand.)

Friday: Indian (leftover from a Christmas party)

Saturday: Tamales



Here's a fantastic recipe that we had for Sunday lunch. I texted my parents since they went to church and we didn't (darn this yucky congestion!). I got this from my co-worker Lori. She brought some for lunch on Friday and we made her called the MIL Momma Jean for the recipe. Momma Jean lives with Lori and does the cooking. This was perfect and so tasty!!



Santa Fe Soup

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I used ground turkey)

1 chopped onion (I used red onion)

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can rotel

1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed

1 can corn or hominy, drained (I used corn)

1 lb mild Mexican Velveeta cheese , cut up

1 bag tortilla chips

**I also added a can of green chilies for a little extra umph!



Brown hamburger meat with onions. Drain. (I browned the turkey and then added some taco seasoning and then onions. I let those all cook together. Turkey just doesn't have enough flavor for me so I had to add some.) In a soup pot, add canned ingredients. Add turkey and onions. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add Velveeta to the soup. Let cheese melt. Add however much water to the soup to make it thinner. We like our soup thick so I didn't add much water. Serve with chips (great for crumbling up into soup!) This was a total hit for our family and would be souper easy to make and freeze. Enjoy!

No comments: