Monday, January 19, 2009

Menu Monday

**Blogger's Note: Last week was not a great menu week. Though it did make planning for this week even easier!!

Monday: Bubble-up Pizza
Tuesday:Brisket & Mac N Cheese
Wed: Beef Stew @ the church
Thurs: French Bread Pizza (Thanks R!! C is so excited to try this!)
Fri: Dinner at Momma's for G-Nanny's b-day
Sat: Dinner at C's Dad's house. We're going up there for game night.

On a side note, since we did not have school today, I decided to make breakfast for K and I. I decided on blueberry muffins since we had just about everything save baking powder (so inspired by R's cabinet cleaning out!) I called Momma and she had Daddy bring some down. They turned out wonderful!! The crumbled topping is like bits of sugar cookies. I had some batter left over so I put that into a mini muffin pan for K. He ate 3!!! R- M would be able to mix the topping since it has no hot ingredients.

Here ya go!!

Day-off Blueberry Muffins
1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
2 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries


Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter or margarine (NOTE: I softened it in the micro first just to make stirring easier.)





In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg;mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla. Fold in blueberries. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until brown (for my wonky oven, I have to bake for ten and then rotate it around for another 10 minutes and they were perfect. For the mini muffins, I baked for 15 minutes.) If you use frozen (which i did), do not thaw before adding to batter.





Enjoy!

2 comments:

R said...

yum! J LOVES blueberry muffins with crumbly tops. :0)

Palmer said...

I wish I liked to bake!!! ;(