Thursday, December 20, 2007

Our furniture is here!!

Well, the furniture that we order right after Thanksgiving arrived yesterday. So, we spent the evening putting our dishes in the china cabinet and trying to find places for everything. The whole time I am doing this, I cannot help but think we have too much crap. We have dishes from my great-grandmother, our trip to Disneyland Paris, my grandmother's everyday dishes, and the dishes my Mom's parents bought for me when I was born. (This does not include our winter dishes, servings sets, crystal, or more of our everyday!) These are all special to me, especially the ones from my grandparents. I know that I cannot get rid of them but try to use them as often as possible. We sold our wedding china a few months ago since we never used it and we had only a few pieces. Plus, we will be getting my grandmother's china sometime in the future so we didn't need to hold onto those few dishes.
After we got everything mostly in their new places, Chris remarked that this made him feel so grown-up. And really, it does! This is the first furniture we've purchased that we plan on keeping for a REALLY long time. We foolishly bought a complete dining room set when we first married that we are still paying for but we sold it 4 moves ago!! So, this furniture is bought, paid for, and so we love it. I will try to post pics later on but feel free to come by and check it out!
We did eat dinner at the table last night and it was really nice. We bought a seat for Keegan that attaches to the table. The Dees have one that we were able to use when we went over last weekend and Keegan loved it. So, of course, we had to get it. We had hot dogs from Chapp's Cafe and fries (Don't tell my trainer!) After that, my parents came over to see it and we all sat around just talking. It was a fun time to just relax around the table. We hope to have lots more of those times! The first official meal will be Christmas breakfast. I am looking forward to it since that is a tradition that I refuse to let go. Plus, it will be easier on my mom since she will only have to make one thing.


Christmas morning



China cabinet


Our cool light that Mono and Granny got for us for Christmas. The Santas are from Grandnanny. They hung on her chandelier for as long as I can remember.

Our Welsh cubbard with my Liberty Blue dishes.







2 comments:

R said...

How FUN! And perfect timing--I wish we could be there to crash your Christmas breakfast! Hold on to whatever routine you can on Christmas, my dear. Good for you--I am proud.

We can't wait to see the new furniture!

I'm jealous of all your dishes--that's one of my love languages. HAHA :0) I love having several sets! And how much more meaningful when they come from someone or have a fun story behind them.

Oh--and I'm glad you liked M's portable high chair enough to get one yourself! That's the best--being able to test stuff out instead of spending money on something when you don't know if you're going to like it or not.

R said...

oh my gosh...those plates are GORGEOUS!!!! I'm looking for something similar in maroonish to hang 4 or so in our dining room.