Friday, September 28, 2007

We're trying cereal!!










The 4 month mark has been made, and last night, we decided to give the rice cereal a go. We got to use some cool baby spoons that turn a different color when the food is too hot. I've always liked color changing things. I am praying that they will bring back the color changing sun glasses that were the bees knees in middle school. (Rhonda, did this bring a flashback to our 8th grade Washington trip??) Anyways, we got him all set in his pea pod chair on the floor. He is not sitting up by himself yet so the highchair was out. I started feeding him and things weren't going well because he kept looking down at the spoon. So, he sat in my lap and C feed him some but K kept crying because we weren't fast enough. He did take it in well but, evidently, we're no match for the bottle. He took in most of it but was crying real tears by the end (No! Not real tears!) so we switched to the bottle. He was so relieved! The good news is that he did not get it all over him. We know that will be somewhere down the road and will have the camera at the ready.



Later that night, as we were getting ready for bed, I did some reading up on rice cereal. They suggested dipping your finger in the formula/cereal mix instead of using a spoon. Ooops! Oh well, I don't think he is too emotionally scarred from it but we want him to get used to a spoon before we get to veggies and fruits. They also suggested feeding bottle first and then the cereal. That makes sense.

2 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Yep, bottle first then cereal. That way they're not starving and thinking you're trying to starve them. Sad that he didn't get it everywhere...I was looking forward to messy Keegan pictures!
Ooh, and I got him an outfit this week. Don't worry it's 12M.

R said...

Yep, my mind immediately went to what (tennis) Coach Bear called my "Hollywood" glasses. :0)

I need to post that photo of the 3 of us from DC sometime!