Thursday, May 24, 2012

Look who is 5?!?!?

I seriously cannot believe that my first born is 5 years old! Where did the time go? Of course this pic is of him at around 6 months but it is our all time favorite!
What a wonder this little boy has been and continues to be. He loves dinosaurs and superheroes and, above all his momma and sister. He is so totally in love with our pool - something that thrills C and I since we both love the water so much!! He is very stubborn and wants things his way, but he is working hard on taking turns and letting other people win - even at Heigh-Ho-Cherrio. My most favorite things about my son is his sense of adventure. He bravely takes on each day with a sense of courage that I wish I could muster. I love how he isn't afraid of showing affection towards others. He also thinks that every rock he finds on the playground is a fossil and that he must being it back for his momma. Needless to say, there have been times that the washing machine has washed more rocks than clothes....According to his teacher, I am his favorite person. This doesn't sit well with Dad but we both know that the time will come when Daddy will be #1 over Momma (at least in public). For now, I enjoy putting him to bed because that is when I get to sing him his special song. Right now, he still asks for it so I push through my weariness to take him in my arms and sing to him. when I first started singing it, he fit nicely in my arms. Now, he takes up my lap and then some! I do not look forward to the time when he will not let me sing to him - but I WILL sneak in and sing to him after he has gone to sleep!!
One thing that is really showing now is his faith. They found a worm on the playground at school. K took it upon himself to guard the worm. One classmate stepped on it and Keegan yelled, "Stop it! You are hurting on of God's special creatures!" (Luckily, the worm was fine.) He sings Christian radio songs and asks me questions about God and Jesus. He always asks "Why?" and I try my best to answer him or find out the answer.
I am beyond excited about getting to spend the summer with this amazing boy. I am going to be present in the moments with him since he starts Kinder next year. I know that this will bring on some changes in him and I pray that they are for the better. But I look forward to seeing how the gifts that I know God placed in him come to life and change this world for the better. He truly is a blessing and I could not imagine my life without him, my sunshine!

1 comment:

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Karma Recliner Wheelchair

Keep Posting:)