Friday, May 18, 2012

Here comes summer!!

Woo hoo!! We are seriously on the tail end of the school year. With both my husband and I being teachers, I was so super excited about this summer - would be the first one in FOUR years that I would not be teaching summer school!! But, then we got the news that my DH will be working for the overwhelming majority of the summer on curriculum development....boo!! This is also the summer before K starts kindergarten. I really wanted this summer to be fantastic for all of us...guess it will just be me and the kids. A will still go to her daycare which will give me time to work with K on stuff to prepare for school next year. To help me get jazzed about the change in plans for the summer, I decided to create a bucket list of things I want to to do this summer.
To start our summer, C and I will be taking K to Walt Disney World...just us and him. Miss A gets some alone time with her grandparents. C and I decided many moons ago that we wanted to do something special for our kiddos the summer before they start school and that something is Disney World. C and I are not telling K anything about it...though we are planting seeds in K's mind about it. He will not know what we are doing until we get there. Since we are flying, we don't know if he will be more excited about his first plane trip or Disney. Now that our trip is a few short weeks away, we are getting super excited. I decided that I wanted to use a Disney travel agent and boy and I glad I did! She is amazing!! She made all of our reservations - including meal reservations!! Be sure to contact Elyssa at http://mickeytravels.com/.
This is our motto:
How much do I love this?!

After we get back from our trip, we have two weeks of swim lessons. K is super excited! He loves his swim teacher. This will be A's first year. Pretty much, her class is 30 minutes of non-stop crying from the random dunking that the little ones get. The purpose of this class is to teach the little ones how to save themselves if they ever fall into the pool and no one is around to save them. It was rough when I had to be the one in the pool dunking K for two years. For Miss A, she gets daddy - hopefully.
As for the rest of the summer, it will be filled with so much activity! There are crafts, adventures, and serious cooking (one item is to find the best ice cream recipe) that will be going on so be sure to check in and see what we are up to!!

No comments: