Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Friday!!

It is such a good day!! Sun is out, students are working, and I get to blog!! YEAH!
We have such a busy weekend ahead of us. Someone asked what we were doing after church on Sunday. I replied, "Napping." They asked me or Keegan. I said, "Both!!"
Tonight, Friday, my friend Leslie and I are hosting a party for our friend Kelly. Kelly is the mom of 4 kiddos (teenage girl, twin 3 year old boys, and an 11 month old boy). When Kelly returned to work after her maternity leave, she was laid off. So, she decided to turn her love of embroidery into a business, Kreative Whimzey. I think that is a totally cool name since her intials are KW too!! She does the best embroidery work!! She has done a few things for K. I am most impressed with her attention to details. We had her embroider K's name on his back pack. She went so far as to match the green thread she used to the green on one part of the backpack!! I love hosting parties. I finally get to use all those fancy dishes that I have in my china cabinet. Plus, I get to hang out with some fun people and help my friend Kelly do what she feels called to do.

Saturday will be an awesome day. We get to to M's birthday party!! We haven't told K yet because he would keep asking/telling us that he wanted to go. He loves birthday parties, especially if there is a slide involved.And we finally get to meet S!! We have enjoyed seeing him in pics but know he will be cuter in person - yes!! And R has great taste in cakes so I know it will be good!! And I get to visit with R & J!! We so need to go to DJ's or b'fast sometime!! We will then head home for naptime (yes!). The we have a pumpkin party to go to. I am excited to see K meet some new friends and hang out with some old ones. I am making a rice krispie Halloween "cake" - new recipe so I am excited!! After the party, we will come home and watch the Netflix movies for the weekend. Since we do not have cable, we tend to watch movies more. So, we opted to get Netflix. Each week, the mail brings us one kiddie movie and one movie for us parents. We try to use one night to have family movie night which is usually Friday. But, since I'm having friends over, looks like it will be Saturday night. Maybe I can make pizza rolls!! Yum!!

Sunday will be church and, hopefully, lunch at a friend's house. I am hoping the weather Sunday afternoon is nice so that we can take the dogs to the dog park or, at least, for a walk. This rain has them going so crazy with extra energy!!

Well, hope you have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

R said...

yay! we can't wait to see y'all at the par-tay tomorrow! it's always an honor to be mentioned in a blog. :0)

sooo wish i could have made it tonight. but as you can tell, i didn't have my stuff together. it's almost 2AM and i'm still up!