Monday, October 26, 2009

Can I have a vacation from my weekend??

We had a super busy and fun weekend. Friday night was a total blast with friends for the Kreative Whimzey party. The turn out wasn't as high as I had hoped but the people who came made it fun. I seriously think that we need to do that more often!! Saturday started with just K and I in the morning as C had to go work on a job for his new business. I asked K what he wanted for breakfast. "Tater tots." He told me, very definitely. "And chicken nuggets." I asked just where were we supposed to get chicken nuggets and tater tots for breakfast. He replied, "Nanny Pops." That is what he calls my parents' house. I called over there and explained to Momma what he wanted. She laughed as she has never served him tater tots. But she did ask if we wanted to come over for breakfast with her, Grandnanny, and my nephews. Sure thing!! I made bismark pancake and topped it with strawberries and bananas. She made scrambled eggs. K had a great time being silly with his cousins but he was getting grumpy so I took him back home after we ate. When C got home, we all piled up and headed out to M's 4th b-day party. This is really the only time K gets to eat McDonald's. He had such a fun time!! It was a good time for us too. Got to meet S (yes, he is freaking cute!) and visit with friends. There is just something about getting parents together, especially moms, that makes a good time even better!! I will admit that I part of my was jealous with all the cute girlie stuff M got. I cannot wait to meet the blessing that God has in store for us. I hope that one of our future kiddos is a girl just so I won't be outnumbered!! But, also, a girl would really change our perspective on things since they are said to be so different from boys. Anyhoo, we went home to get some stuff for our next party and K took a nap in the car. We headed over to my friend Dede's house for a pumpkin painting party. It was so fun!! I only knew Dede so got to meet some neato kids and their mommas. K had a fun time just being around so many toys. We took the kids outside while we carved the pumpkin. K wanted no part of sticking his hand in the pumpkin to pull out the insides - no thanks!! He wouldn't even touch it when it came out!! The kids seemed to completely enjoy being outside rides on some of M's toys and just being kids. We left there and headed over to Cedar Hill to meet C's family for dinner. I was completely tired and kinda grumpy and had hardly eaten all day. Nothing seemed to be going through the band. Made for a grumpy me! K completely enjoys his cousins. I guess they are just big toys to him right now. Luckily, they think he is funny and everything he does is cute. Even if it is his mac n cheese covered hand on their shirt sleeve!! We took C's grandmother home and then, finally, got to our house. I will say that it took about a minute for me to fall asleep - so tired!!
Sunday was church. My friend J and I took our boys around to the different Sunday school classes to invite them all personally to the Trunk or Treat that our church is having on Halloween night. It was such fun to see K as Batman and L as Superman. K kept calling him Super Batman. I was so pumped because K wore his mask!! He has never let us put it on and kept it on before!! Awesome!! After church, we went to have lunch with some friends of ours. They made fabulous fish. We had such a great time with them, but we always do!! After lunch, we headed home for nap which K did NOT want to take. He eventually fell asleep. The project for the afternoon was C and Daddy hooked up our new fridge to the water line so that we could have a working ice maker. After two trips to hardware stores, success!!! We now have water and ice!! Such a luxury after YEARS of not have it! We had a yummy dinner with the family before heading home for sleep. The rain was loud, but I slept so nice!!! This morning, all I wanted was to stay in bed forever!! Maybe next weekend!!

No comments: