Tuesday, June 21, 2011

VBS time!!

Yesterday was Day 1 of our church's vacation bible school. And this is the first time in three years that I have no been in charge of it. I had to step down from my commitments in December after A was born since I knew that my plate would be full with family, work, AND my Masters classes. So, I have really enjoyed being on the outer parts of this VBS. I helped coordinate the decorations and am running the pre-school version. I feel so blessed to have three other women whom I admire and love to help me. My mom teaches the story section. Dale J. handles the snack portion. And my awesome friend Cheralyn A. does games. I handle the crafts. We have 7 kiddos in our pre-school and we are already having a blast. Two of our kiddos are part of our Korean congregation. While they may not speak much English, they can certainly GET DOWN during the music time!!
While I can say that I am worn out from Day 1, I am so looking forward to Day 2!! Day 1 was all about gratitude. I personally have so much to be thankful for and am truly at a loss when I try to think of ways to say thanks sometimes. but, in a nutshell, I am thankful for the path that my Father has set before me and that he continues to walk with as I travel it.

No comments: