Thursday, November 15, 2007

Answer me this....

How is that, even when I am sick and coughing and feeling just horrible, just one look at my son and seeing his smile makes me feel better? It must truly a little blessing from heaven. This week has been rough with both Chris (food posioning from Atlanta Bread Company) and I sick (congested and coughing). Neither of us has had much energy but seeing that little boy makes all our yucky feelings go away. We keep asking ourselves, "What did we do before he came along?" He wakes up happy even though he has had ear infections over the past couple of weeks. One ear cleared up and then the other one got infected. We are hoping that this is not something he inherited from his Dad who had to have tubes in his ears. that would not be fun.

We went to Toys R Us on Sunday to pre-shop for K's 1st Christmas. So many cool things! We can't wait for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning to come so we can celebrate our 1st Christmas together. I did find a cool website that is a resale place for Little Tykes kind of toys. You know, the outdoor playthings, kitchens, car beds, etc. I called yesterday and if you buy two or more things, you get a discount. How cool!!

Oh, FYI, I am having a Lia Sophia party on November 30th at 7. They have beautiful jewelry. It runs what you would pay in the stores but they have all sorts of discounts and specials. I walked out with over $300 worth of sparklies for $130!! I love a bargain!! If you want more details, let me know.

On a sadder note, Chris's cousin Steve's wife Debbie (ok, that is a long chain of names) dies suddenly last week. She had surgery and was recovering at home. Steve is usually out of the country with his job for Nokia but he was in town last week. He went to work and left Debbie at home with a friend who was taking care of her for the day. Sometime in the morning, Debbie had a seizure and died before the paramedics could reach her. It was so sad. She was a special person and had various disabilities but she loved Steve so much. She was 37. They did not have children. I do not think they were going to in case Debbie's disabilities were hereditary but she had said something about adopting. Chris and I went to the funeral. It was REALLY long and left me feeling so empty. I could not help but think that this is so not the was Debbie was. She was full of life and love for other people. Steve did the best in summing up Debbie. He told a few choice stories about their 7 years together and really brought out the Debbie we all knew. My heart breaks so much for him. He is a fantastic man, very caring and responsible. He is just an all around great guy. To have this tragedy happen so young in their married life saddens me so much. But I was listening to the radio yesterday and "Homesick" by Mercy Me came on and totally reminded me of how Steve might be feeling. He knows she is with her Father and that brings him some relief but he must miss her so. For me, I am not sad about her passing because she is now free from her limitations and who could think of a better place to be than with their Father? But I grieve for Steve. He reminds me of Shel Silverstein's "The Giving Tree" because he gives so much to his family. He is in my prayers now and for the next few months as he struggles through the holidays without Debbie.

1 comment:

R said...

Deep thoughts, my friend! It's amazing how children give you a new perspective and appreciation for life. :0) And I agree--J and I often wonder what we did before M, too! And in a couple of weeks we'll be wondering what we did without TWO little girls...crazy!